From Human Computer Interaction Laboratory
Human-Computer Interaction Laboratory of Faculty of Informatics, Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic has been established with the aim of solving projects related to the field of computer graphics. The current research is focused on human-computer interfaces, virtual reality systems, augmented reality, haptic interfaces, computational geometry, brain-computer interfaces, serious games and visualization.
Main fields of research
- VRECKO – system for virtual reality. VRECKO is a component system with a growing set of components that allows quick creation of prototype applications. The applications can make use of various virtual reality devices present in the laboratory.
- CAVER – analysis and visualization of protein molecules. The main goal of this project is to simplify the process of drug design and protein engineering workflow. This interdisciplinary project is focused on the analysis of 3D structure of proteins using computational geometry. The results are then visualized using different techniques. These visualization methods are designed with respect to the specific demands of biochemists.
- FIDENTIS – Forensic 3D Facial Identification System. This multi-disciplinary collaborative project is primarily targeted at forensic sciences and is underlined by current needs for creating algorithms and standards if 3D digital images of human body serve as evidence in crime investigation. Currently investigated tasks include: constructions of 3D face composites, 3D mesh alignment and comparison, quality control in manual and automated facial landmark localization, repeatability of scanning devices, statistical approach to mesh to mesh similarity/dissimilarity, matching algorithms.
- GPU data structure construction and raytracing. This project is targeted at using the massive floating point performance and bandwidth of modern GPUs for accelerating large data visualization. In particular efficient construction of acceleration data structes and their use in the ray tracing algorithm is focused.
- Newron – Therapeutic software for children with autism spectrum disorder.
- BCIs – Active and passive brain-computer interfaces (BCIs) for virtual environments and computer games.